Saturday, February 2, 2019

Hello!

ABOUT ME (Extended)

My political ideology falls under Disaffected Democrats. I personally don't have any political influences I feel have greatly shaped my ideology to this day. As a child, my political ideology was shaped by my father. As I grew older and experienced the world for myself, that ideology changed. 
I try my best to not let those who are advantaged shape my beliefs, and I try my best to listen to what those who are disadvantaged and unhappy with the system have to say. However, I also try my best to not give in completely to sentiments based solely on emotions, and try to keep aware of facts and statistics. I would like to think I stand somewhere in the middle of liberal and conservative (leaning more towards liberal), but overall I think the division of ideologies in itself is toxic and wish we were not grouped into one or the other. I believe this system is designed to pin both sides against the other, creating more of a centrifugal divide in America and driving people away from each other. We should be free to think as we want, without feeling as if we must take on a whole set of beliefs assigned to the party we most align with in order to match a group dynamic.
Quite honestly I am not as politically active as I should be, but I hope to become more aware of the political climate that I live in. I'm honestly ashamed that I haven't educated myself sooner. While at the same time, I truly have a disdain for the culture of politics and party affiliation here in the US and have never desired to take part in it solely due to the nature of disharmony it brings upon us.
I am taking this class, truthfully, because it fulfills a graduation requirement. However, I am still interested to learn about how the US government operates because I feel like I should know these things about my own country. By the end of this course, I hope to be able to make my own informed judgments and political opinions, with confidence, knowing that I understand the way in which our country functions.

I got a 60% on civic literacy quiz and 60% on current events quiz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stage 8

For my second critique of a colleagues work, I reviewed Kali Mellor’s editorial on how she felt the government has been overr...